So much goes into choosing the right colors for the exterior of your home, colors that are pleasing to you and that move your house to the top of the scale for curb appeal. Before you choose your paint color, consult this checklist:
- Be a good neighbor. Color coordinate as best as you can with your neighboring homes.
- Consider your climate. Lighter, pastel colors reflect strong sunlight and keep a home cooler. Earth tones and bright colors absorb sun and create warmth.
- Pay attention to details. Accentuate attractive ones, camouflage unattractive ones.
- Plantings play a roll too. Frame plants and flowers you’ll keep with colors that reflect them best.
- Narrow your choices. Test two or three versions of each color your considering to avoid confusion and color overload.
- Take time to color test. First paint large color swatches on each side of your home and view these choices at different times of the day to see how well you like them in varying amounts of sunlight.
Contact CertaPro today to schedule your free exterior painting estimate at 914-245-2260.