You know the saying – “new year, new (insert change of your choice here).” Maybe this year, you’re thinking, “new year, new couch” or “new year, new kitchen.” The fact of the matter is, this year, you want to make a change to your home decor.
Most homeowners stress about a redesign because they aren’t sure where to begin or they think they don’t have an eye for design. Hiring an interior designer takes that stress away, but doing so is something many people think is extremely costly. We’re here to tell you that interior designers can actually save you money in the long run. Here’s how:
- Meeting your budget and timeframe is simple. Before you hire any professional to do a job for you, come up with a number you are comfortable spending. Once the budget and timeline are established, an interior designer can begin their process and start to create your ideal room/home without overspending.
- Finding the right people takes no time at all. Within their professional networks, interior designers have many relationships and connections to other contractors, manufacturers and vendors that offer them discounted pricing or special deals. An interior designer knows all of the right person and has the resources to find items that will make your home decor truly unique.
- Avoiding mishaps becomes a breeze. Everyone makes mistakes, but an interior designer can help you avoid certain headaches before they even occur. Think about a couch you fall in love with without measuring; an expensive item you buy and can’t return; or choosing an aesthetic that completely doesn’t fit in with your needs as a homeowner. An interior designer takes all the steps necessary to ensure everything you purchase will fit in your home- both in size and aesthetically- so that you don’t get sucked into a bad deal.
- Choosing design elements suddenly becomes easy. Does having to choose paint colors make your head spin? What about the task of furniture shopping, or finding the perfect accent curtains? Interior designers possess the necessary skills that make envisioning a room in a whole different light easy. They know what colors, textures and objects work together and what clash, and will work with you to find out what you like (and need) to make your home design functional and stylish. This saves you a ton of frustration – something you really can’t put a price on.
- Learning what’s outdated and letting go come hand in hand. An interior designer can help you decide what can be refurbished, refinished or tossed in the trash. Refurbishing or refinishing existing pieces you have can save you a ton of money in the long run. New furniture can cost thousands of dollars, depending on what you’re looking for. Your interior designer will know what to keep around and what needs to be replaced to complete the space you’re redesigning.
Ultimately, it comes down to wasting time, money, and effort, which come at a different cost for everyone. Bring the home of your dreams to fruition and save money in the process. Contact Arlington interior decorator Janet Bertin to learn more.