Spring is finally here, and that means it is time for sunshine and color to reenter your life. In the winter months, dark hues surround us. With longer days and plenty of sunshine, there are some simple spring decor updates you can add to your home to really embrace the season. Here are a few ideas you can use to spruce up your home for spring:
- Get fancy with florals. The most obvious way you can add spring decor to your home is to bring in a fresh bouquet of flowers or plants. Create a peony-filled centerpiece for your dining room table or fill a vase with cherry blossoms. These vibrant flowers will freshen the air in your home and bring pops of accent color into a space. For a lusher look, place a succulent terrarium atop a mantle or end table. If a green thumb is not something you possess, there are plenty of faux flower and plant options you can choose from at your local craft store.
- Add a splash of color. Repainting an entire room can be a chore, but adding an accent wall is a quick and easy fix to freshen a space! It’s even easier if your room is already painted a neutral color. Find a complimentary color that adds a pop to the room. Longwood, FL painters recommend the use of blues, greens, and yellows are all fresh spring color choices.
- Play with patterns. Switch out your linens, towels, and accessories with fun spring versions. The patterns and colors will do the work for you. For example, a pastel chevron rug or a floral pillow screams springtime. Use light linens, a new bed skirt, and a pretty quilt to transform your bedroom. In the bathroom, be playful with bright hand towels. Hang new artwork or replace picture frames with photos of you and your family and friends enjoying the outdoors.
- Accessorize with fruit. The word fresh is synonymous with spring. Instead of keeping all of your lemons in the refrigerator, place them in glass bowl or container to add a freshness and life to your kitchen. Putting lemons in a bowl also has feng shui benefits, so you will not only revive the space but the vibes of your house as well. You can display other fresh fruits too, like limes, bananas, red apples and oranges. If you’re worried about the fruit going bad, invest in faux models from your local craft store.
- Mesmerize with metallics. A popular metallic trend for this spring is copper. You can go big and replace old kitchen appliances, or small, by replacing your current cabinet handles and knobs with copper ones. You can also find copper based end tables, picture frames, or other accessories to place around your home.
Simple spring decor updates come in a variety of ways. All you really need to remember is fresh, light, bright and floral. It’s the perfect spring equation. For more interior decor inspiration, contact Fairfax Counter interior decorator Maria Loveless.